OnePlus 8T TWRP Recovery

admin

Administrator
Staff member
1628665866664.png

Recently, when I saw the possibility of TWRP recovery for 8T, I started researching and as of today our fully operational twrp is ready. In this description I will tell you how to install TWRP Recovery for our OnePlus 8T devices.

TWRP Properties
  • Decyrption works , meaning you can access device files while in TWRP
  • Trying to restore Backup/Backup (Applies only to DATA)
  • ADB runs while at TWRP
  • Decyrption works without formatting.
  • Rom flashing is running (OxygenOS flashing is not working yet)
Requirements
  • OnePlus 8T TWRP Recovery > Click
  • OnePlus 8T TWRP Recovery Installer > Click
  • Adb/Fastboot > Click
  • Developer Options and USB Debugging Are Turned On > Click

Step 1

After downloading the TWRP image file, we need to put our phone on the fastboot menu. For this, turn off your phone completely and after the phone turns off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + POWER key for a while at the same time and you will be entering the fastboot menu. The Fastboot menu is a menu like the one below.

1628666248383.png

Step 2

When you're on the Fastboot menu, connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable and right-click an empty place while holding down shift while inside the platform-tools folder and say open the powershell window here.

Step 3

After the PowerShell window opens, first give the fastboot devices command, and the response must be fastboot in addition to various numbers. It should come out as follows.

1628666311584.png

Step 4

After successfully connecting our device, it is time to flash the TWRP image file.

First of all, we have two options here. The first option is if we want to use TWRP 1 time, we can run TWRP via computer only once. Here's the problem: when we want to use TWRP, the computer should always be with us.
  • Route 1 – One-Time TWRP
While on the fastboot screen, enter the following command and drag the twrp image file into the powershell window. (you delete the image drag)

fastboot boot imagedrag

1628666386367.png
  • Route 2 – Permanent TWRP
While on the fastboot screen, give the following commands in order and drag the twrp image file for each after recovery_a and recovery b. (you delete the image drag)

fastboot flash recovery_a imagedrag
fastboot flash recovery_b imagedrag

1628666450620.png

If you have done the procedures correctly as above, TWRP will be installed on your device.

Steps to Flash Rum on the TWRP Screen

If you want to switch from OxygenOS to Custom Rom

Format Data is done via Wipe from the TWRP screen, then returned to the TWRP home screen and switch from the REBOOT menu to the other slot whichever slot you are in (e.g. B to A, or vice versa). The Rom is then flashed and the TWRP Installer file is flashed (you can find it in requirements). Root and Gapps are flashed in Magisk and Gapps after the TWRP Installer is installed if desired.

If you want to switch from Custom Rom to Custom Rom

Format Data is made via Wipe from the TWRP screen, then the rom to be passed is flashed and the TWRP Installer file is flashed (you can find it in the Requirements section). Root and Gapps are flashed in Magisk and Gapps after the TWRP Installer is installed if desired.

Required Information

After format data, the files in the device's internal storage appear in the /data/media folder, not in the /sdcard folder.

If your computer doesn't see the device's internal storage after Format Data, boot the device to Recovery from the REBOOT menu and press and hold the volume up and down key at the same time.

1628666570854.png

smegbat

View attachment 10

Recently, when I saw the possibility of TWRP recovery for 8T, I started researching and as of today our fully operational twrp is ready. In this description I will tell you how to install TWRP Recovery for our OnePlus 8T devices.

TWRP Properties
  • Decyrption works , meaning you can access device files while in TWRP
  • Trying to restore Backup/Backup (Applies only to DATA)
  • ADB runs while at TWRP
  • Decyrption works without formatting.
  • Rom flashing is running (OxygenOS flashing is not working yet)
Requirements
  • OnePlus 8T TWRP Recovery > Click
  • OnePlus 8T TWRP Recovery Installer > Click
  • Adb/Fastboot > Click
  • Developer Options and USB Debugging Are Turned On > Click

Step 1

After downloading the TWRP image file, we need to put our phone on the fastboot menu. For this, turn off your phone completely and after the phone turns off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + POWER key for a while at the same time and you will be entering the fastboot menu. The Fastboot menu is a menu like the one below.

View attachment 14

Step 2

When you're on the Fastboot menu, connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable and right-click an empty place while holding down shift while inside the platform-tools folder and say open the powershell window here.

Step 3

After the PowerShell window opens, first give the fastboot devices command, and the response must be fastboot in addition to various numbers. It should come out as follows.

View attachment 15

Step 4

After successfully connecting our device, it is time to flash the TWRP image file.

First of all, we have two options here. The first option is if we want to use TWRP 1 time, we can run TWRP via computer only once. Here's the problem: when we want to use TWRP, the computer should always be with us.
  • Route 1 – One-Time TWRP
While on the fastboot screen, enter the following command and drag the twrp image file into the powershell window. (you delete the image drag)

View attachment 16
  • Route 2 – Permanent TWRP
While on the fastboot screen, give the following commands in order and drag the twrp image file for each after recovery_a and recovery b. (you delete the image drag)

View attachment 17

If you have done the procedures correctly as above, TWRP will be installed on your device.

Steps to Flash Rum on the TWRP Screen

If you want to switch from OxygenOS to Custom Rom

Format Data is done via Wipe from the TWRP screen, then returned to the TWRP home screen and switch from the REBOOT menu to the other slot whichever slot you are in (e.g. B to A, or vice versa). The Rom is then flashed and the TWRP Installer file is flashed (you can find it in requirements). Root and Gapps are flashed in Magisk and Gapps after the TWRP Installer is installed if desired.

If you want to switch from Custom Rom to Custom Rom

Format Data is made via Wipe from the TWRP screen, then the rom to be passed is flashed and the TWRP Installer file is flashed (you can find it in the Requirements section). Root and Gapps are flashed in Magisk and Gapps after the TWRP Installer is installed if desired.

Required Information

After format data, the files in the device's internal storage appear in the /data/media folder, not in the /sdcard folder.

If your computer doesn't see the device's internal storage after Format Data, boot the device to Recovery from the REBOOT menu and press and hold the volume up and down key at the same time.

View attachment 18
Does this work as advertised? I have read on XDA a long list of things to do, but the procedure you list makes sense as I am coming from a Oneplus 7 Pro. One other question I have, when flashing custom ROMs do you not have to to flash OOS 11 to both partitions then format date then flash the custom ROM?
I've Just got my 8T and after reading some of the posts on XDA I'm a bit confused. All I want to do is unlock bootloader, flash TWRP and root via magisk, so I would assume after following your procedure above i.e. flash TWRP to A/B partitions using fastboot then installer in TWRP, just flash Magisk to obtain Root. Is this correct?